Tuesday, September 25, 2012

You oughta be in pictures...wa wa wa...

Alli pictured with cast members of the Legends of Sleepy Hollow playing in Mount Vernon Ohio at the Memorial Theater October 26 and 27, 2012.

Alli and I are having a great time with all the wonderfully talented cast members of the Legends of Sleepy Hollow!  Michele Bayko, of Orange Barrel Production Company (www.ohiodrama.com) is directing this great group of people.  So much fun to watch Michele as she brings the words on paper to life through the cast and characters now on stage.  She is the perfect example of someone who is doing that which she loves and it shows in everything from the writing, scripting, choreography to the cast members all the way down to the costumes.  Alli and I feel blessed that Michele has chosen Alli for the part of Wolfe the dog and we too want to bring our very best.

Alli has a whole new group of admirers...especially the young members of the cast...as you can see pictured above.  Tonight went really well.  I think it was only our fourth time to actually practice on set with the cast.  The first practice Alli was just thoroughly enjoying this new place to visit. She goes with me to visit many different venues so I think she thought it was just a place where people wanted to meet her and pet her.  No problem...I got this Mom.  Then I started to ask her to wait, stay and come and treating her for a job well done.  She thought...this is cool. I don't treat or bring treats when we are doing our therapy dog visits.  That was a new twist...you could see the wheels in motion as she figured out what I wanted.  During the week at home, I started marking her "barking" and naming it.  Next practice, I asked her to "bark" and indoors no less.  Can you imagine?  This isn't done...but she was a good sport and did what I asked which brought lots of praise and more cookies.  Well...okay...I can do this.  By the 3rd practice we had more time working on the behaviors at home and by the time she arrived on set, Alli was completely "over acting".  She gave me every behavior we had been practicing and all at once.  She was loving her job and so enthusiastic I couldn't help but smile at her.  I can work with enthusiasm!  And tonight our 4th time on set, was great.  She was thoughtful...thinking everything through...no willy nilly barking here and there...she was trying to do it all just right.  Well done Alli!  I couldn't be more pleased with the small amount of time and practice time on set that we have had.  We have another month to hone our skills...and...by George...I think we'll get it!!

Break a leg!

No comments:

Post a Comment