Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"Emma"

Pictured (l-r) Natalie, Matthew, Nicholas, Me and Emma 
1994 our 1st Christmas in our new house, Natalie was turning 10 yrs old and Nicky was 19 mos old.  Emmy was a very young 3 years old - our Journey was only just beginning.  Matt and I, my goodness, we were in our early 30's. Memories worth preserving...

Emma
Gentle, demure
hiding behind the shed room door.
Looking up with such big, soft, brown eyes
uncertain, but willing to give me a try.
A friend in whom you could depend
willing to listen, to walk, to play til the end.
Just being by my side was your greatest pleasure.
In the classroom, show ring or helping me to train,
In my eyes a Champion you will always remain!
Hero, protector and best friend.
Angel in disguise.
Always...my Emma until the end.

I started this poem while Emmy was still living in late 90's...just happened to run across it and finished it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment