Monday, February 6, 2012

And so the journey continues...spring training!

Cute Gabby peeking over her stall wall and yes I said wall (it's taller than me around 6 feet something)!   She climbs her wall to peek at me each morning while I am getting her hay. A bit impatient....but oh, so cute! Don't adjust your screen or glasses the pic is a bit of a blur...but I had to take this quickly as she's up and down in a flash.  Please excuse the birdie doo...spring cleaning is on the list too - those birdies are busy in my little barn staying warm and dry throughout the winter. <sigh>

It's been a bit since I've talked about the sweet fillies...they are officially 2 years old now and we are happy to step up their training this spring.  They have become so friendly, true 'pocket ponies' following us everywhere we go when in the pasture and barn.  I don't think twice about reaching out to pet their nose or stop to cradle their head against my chest.  They've come a long way...as I knew they would.  They have good teachers both human and pony.  A wonderful team that works with my ponies in a good and kind way; farrier Jonathan Wilson, Dr. Monica our vet and great friends and friend's children/grandchildren who let them know that humans are pretty neat.  They have a good life...  Hard to believe they were ever dubbed the 'silly fillies', shy and skittish.
Here's an updated picture of Grace.  She is so sensible and laid back about life.  I love that my son, who named her, loves her too.  He'll stop and say hi to her and will talk to me about her - that's such a joy.  My prayer is that he'll take an active part in training her this spring and drive her next year.  I'm putting that hope and prayer out there, trusting God for a miracle.

Matthew and I are talking about driving these two sisters as a pair.  I think they would be cute - salt and pepper/ebony and ivory.  They look a great deal alike in structure and movement and the black and white theme could be fun...we'll see.  But for now they are right on schedule...their journey has been good.  I can't wait to see what God does through these two sweet fillies...look forward to journaling about their continued education and training.

Have a great day everyone from all of us at Wind Dance Pony Farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment