Saturday, February 23, 2013

Watching...


I had just received my hubby's call telling me he was on his way home.  I am always so happy to receive this call as his days are very busy and sometimes he is delayed for some reason on another.  As I disconnected my cell phone from his call, I came around the corner to see our Alli, collie sitting on the chair looking out the window.  Was she waiting for him?  And did she know he was on his way?  I believe she did know Matthew was on his way home.  Scientist have done studies on this, even when the person comes home at a time that isn't normal, their dog knew they were on their way and went to their spot to wait and watch.

Alli is the guardian at our house.  She watches over everything and everyone in the house.  I have heard her and watched her make her nightly rounds.  If Alli barks, I pay attention...always.  So nice to know she is watching...   Which reminds me of the One who watches over all of us.  I am thankful that I was reminded today, through Alli, of this truth as I wait and watch for someone I love to return...

No comments:

Post a Comment