Friday, February 22, 2013

What, me worry?

Took this picture of peace and contentment of collie, Alli last evening.  I took it in the midst of all the warnings blaring from internet, tv and radio that the apocalyptic ice storm was approaching.  I scrambled to fill buckets, as often when it's icey or windy here our electric goes out and when this happens we have no water.  Matthew was busy chopping more wood to bring in before the ice encased it outdoors.

As we were finishing with our preparations, I noticed Alli...so peaceful, so content.  I decided to join her by the fire and enjoy the moment.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with preparing reasonably for the storm.  But after you have done all you can do...just stand...relax, have peace.  I so often forget to live in the moment, I can easily work up a storm right in my own mind of "what if".  I also find that so often the things I think up that could happen, never really do happen. I get so busy worrying about what could be...that I don't enjoy the moment with those I love right next to me.

I am working on it, I have opportunity right now to put living in the moment into practice.  There are storms about me, but I choose to do what I can do...pray mightily, stand, relax and find peace.  Life will never be without storms...but we can choose to live in the moment even in the midst of them.  Thanks for the reminder, Alli!


No comments:

Post a Comment