Friday, June 3, 2011

Alli visits...

Alli was in the house yesterday at Mt. Vernon Developmental Center.  She shared her calm, gentle kind of magic with the sweet people at MVDC!  I enjoy watching people touching Alli's long pointy nose...I am amazed at how still she stands as that special kind of communication, words unnecessary, takes place between dog and human.  I'm amazed to see those who have such a hard time unfolding their fingers working so hard just to touch her with the back of their hand or arm - such a struggle - but then the joy of the moment and the lovely smile that comes across their face as they feel Alli's cold nose.  My heart fills when those who can not reach out to touch Alli smile as I help to lift her front paws up on their wheel chair table - just seeing her, simply laying eyes on this beautiful collie angel, makes their day.

We take so much for granted. I came home with my heart so completely filled. What a true joy it is for Alli and I to share a bit of light and love with the kind people at MVDC.   I told Alli what a privilege it was to be by her side, to follow her lead...to be in the presence of a truly kind and gentle spirit.

A very good day!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Beautiful Disaster. I'm a follower of your blog awaiting your first post!

    ReplyDelete