Saturday, June 11, 2011

How does your garden grow?


Mary, Mary, quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells, and cockle shells,
And pretty "bunnies all in a row"!

Each year, without fail, I grow a lovely garden of bunnies!  This year I have a nest of 6.  I suppose I could do something to deter this sweet Mama bunny from nesting in my garden...but it's just not in me.  I welcome my bunnies.  So funny, you think I would be prepared - but once again I squealed as I felt this soft little head and saw these beautiful eyes peeking up through the strawberry patch.  Alli, collie, came right over to check it out.  She was quite pleased with the bunnies and quickly took up a guardian position right by this patch of strawberries - watching over "her babies".  Collies are such nurturers!
Apparently, from the looks of my first picking of our new strawberry patch, I have plenty to share with my bunny residents.  My hubby wanted to place them somewhere else, but I asked for him to let them stay.  Once they are old enough they move along...they are almost at that stage (afterall, I should know this isn't my first garden of bunnies :D).  It touches my heart and fills me with joy to provide a lovely space for LIFE to grow!  I wish you well little bunnies...

No comments:

Post a Comment