Tuesday, November 29, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...

I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite treasures from artists I admire and have purchased from this past year. You may just want to add some of these lovely items to your Christmas list as well!  
Let's get started!
 My friend, Bunny Vance from www.ajillianvancedesign.com made these beauties above. Bunny and her daughter, Jillian are both artists and very creative.  They offer many different items.  Check out their site, you'll be glad you visited!


This is a potholder I purchased from Maria Wulf from www.fullmoonfiberart.com.  She makes potholders, pillows and lovely quilts - original functional art from recycled clothes and fabric. I have to confess I bought this as gift for myself, display it in my kitchen and use it. I love the thought of functional art and recycling!


My good friend Chris Wertz makes these beautiful cross-stitched bookmarks.  If your family is like mine - avid readers of good books -  this would be a great gift.  She doesn't have a website, but if you're interested contact me through my blog and I will get you in touch with her.  I'm really excited about this gift; she is finishing another one for me as I type.

And speaking of good books!  I just finished the book below...written by one of my favorite authors 
Jon Katz


Check out all his books at www.bedlamfarm.com   I give his books as gifts all the time.  I especially enjoyed his newest book, pictured above.  I just finished it and found it an easy and comfortable read.  It's not at all sad, actually celebratory in nature - very healing.  As a dog lover and trainer, I have put this at the top of my list for friends and clients who have lost a best friend (dog, horse, cat...).  
I also enjoy Jon's blog - very encouraging!

And last but certainly not least are my dog bandannas, 2 designs in 1, that fit on your dog's collar - much more comfortable than the old tie on style!  Below is one of my holiday favorites.  You can check out my other designs at www.pawsitivejourney.com  Also, these bandannas benefit Love on a Leash Therapy Dog visits...


I hope you've enjoyed a few of my favorite things.  In the spirit of supporting small businesses, I hope you may think about supporting these artists or small businesses/artists in your community!  If you'd like to share a few of your favorite things...please feel free to leave the information in my comment box.
Happy thoughtful shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment