Friday, December 2, 2011

Creativity...art...artist?

I have had the best fun preparing for my 3rd Craft show! I'm loving it!  From picking out fabric, designing and sewing my bandannas, making colorful toy tugs and bi-fold pouches for baggies (for doggy clean up, tag silencers and jewelry pouches), deciding how to display my table full of my creations just right to the wonderful people I have met along the way.  It's been plain fun - a labor of love!   IF you're in the Gambier Ohio area stop by the 43rd Annual Christmas Craft Show at the Kenyon College Athletic Center - 11 am to 3:30 pm.

This week as I thought about my display I wondered how I might make my gift bags look a bit more festive.  My thought was to use paper bags as they are easily recyclable.  As I sat down and looked at the many stamps my sister had given me over the years; I decided to use what I have to make my gift bags pretty and here's what I came up with.

As I was having fun creating my bags I thought about the movie, What about Bob? The part where he is strapped to the boat and yelling out, "I'm sailing, I'm a sailor"!  Some might argue that he wasn't quite there yet...but he was definitely on his way of becoming a sailor.  I thought about how much I love creating; whether making a birthday cake for my family, planning a graduation party, a wedding, a theme for a parade or a children's church play - I love creating...cakes, costumes, little gifts, theme ideas!  When someone would say to me; Barbara you are such an artist I always found myself looking over my shoulder and seeking the person they were talking about.  Nah, not me...I would say.  But, as I was creating my little paper gift bags it dawned on me that perhaps maybe "they" were right?  :0)  I create...I'm an artist!

By the way, I want to add another of "my favorite things."   Pictured below are homemade soaps from Dancing Bee Farm (I love that name).  Again, if you should be interested in these lovely soaps, I can get you in touch with the lady who makes them.

No comments:

Post a Comment