Friday, January 25, 2013

Billy and I - Day 2


Today was absolutely beautiful for our walk.  It was about 16 degrees with a lovely, soft, light snow falling as we enjoyed our second day of walking solo around the neighborhood.  We crossed the road immediately today and walked our neighbor's 2 acre plus lot, pass the wood pile, no problem today.  We get to the top of the hill and my wonderful neighbor let her pack of Brittanies out to run the adjoining field.  God love her...perfect.  Bill stopped and looked, danced a bit and I had him walk back to the fence line and we continued forward.  I couldn't have been happier with the timing of this, barely crest the hill and we see the pack of about 6 red and white wiggly dogs come bounding out of the house and up towards us by the fence line! Perfect!  I was pleased with Bill as well, he noticed them, was pretty excited about them but stayed with me and then moved forward.  I can work with that.  The silly mare's in our field were whinnying again as we returned across the road toward our property and I was again pleased that Billy ignored them.  No returned whinnies! We walked the opposite direction today past our farm and Bill spotted a dreaded garbage can with colorful bags beside it.  It was across our road and with the slippery surface I felt it wouldn't be a good thing to be in the road if a car should come down the hill.  So we stood and looked at it across the road for sometime until he just gave up the excitement.  As we were standing there a couple of our neighbor's horses spotted Billy and I and came to their fence line, again across the road, snorting and dancing...yay!  Billy took note but didn't return the snort or the dance..."good boy".  We then found a stream to cross and Bill followed me without hesitation jumping across.  We will return to this place again and hopefully next week when it warms up and rains, we can play in the water...I have to remember to wear my tall boots, but great training - can anyone say "water hazard"!

We returned to our gate, Bill kind of slowed his pace...I think he wanted to continue our walk...that's another good sign.  I think he is enjoying our walks just as much if not more than I am.  I had many people drive by and wave...that's kind of fun.  We had several things happen today that are all good training moments and I was pleased with Billy's response.  

With our goals in mind we will continue our training plan.  I can't help it, I like this pony and enjoy spending time with him too!  Until tomorrow...have a great day all!

No comments:

Post a Comment