Monday, August 17, 2015

The Dog Who Could Fly



Another good book review!  If you like to hear people's real life stories and it's a big plus if that story so happens to involve a dog too...then you are really going to enjoy this book.

This is the true story of a World War II Airman and the dog who stayed right by his side.  From the start this book will steal your heart.  Their initial meeting was amazing and their relationship bloomed from that point on.  Many twists and turns...will keep you on the edge of your seat.  I loved it!

I was overwhelmed once again how this dog made a difference in the lives of not only Robert (his person) but all the soldiers who lived on the edge during this most difficult of wars.  Antis, the canine hero, gave them joy, peace and comfort during a time of incredible sadness and hardship.

I am interested that Robert and his crew came back from all their missions.  Flying missions each night over the enemy in Germany...Hamburg, Bremen...they were right in the thick of it.  Antis flew many of those missions with 'his' crew.  I might add many of their bother Airmen did not return from their missions...

Each Airman had a lucky charm that they took with them every flight...they might wear a certain garment, or take a small token in their pocket.  I was interested in hearing that when they had Antis on board they didn't need those items, they felt he was their lucky charm.  Antis gave them a sense of courage, of peace that they would return home alive.  And let me tell you, it was just by a miracle that they returned home several times.

Was it Antis that made the difference?  Did he give them the courage to keep fighting against incredible odds?  Read the book and you decide...  I know what I believe!!

I am always so touched by the strong relationship that can bloom and grow between a dog and a human.  It's nothing short of amazing, a miracle how a dog can change a life... They comfort us and bring us such joy in the midst of some of our most trying hardships...they bring out the best in us... I've seen it over and over again.

I am glad for that bond that was created over 10,000 years ago.  I have been blessed by the canine heroes in my life...  I highly recommend this book...enjoy!

I encourage you to get out there and live your story and tell it to the world!   And as always...Happy Trails!




No comments:

Post a Comment