Saturday, August 25, 2012

And another thing...

...I love about dogs is the pure simplicity of the friendship we share!  Pictured is my most tenacious terrier, Libby.  She allows me to share her life and I could be nothing more than pleased.  She is so honest too and it is the thing I most admire about her.  She lets you know how she feels and is the leader of our small pack as well.  Such a big personality all wrapped up in a small package.

I set my agility equipment up again in our front training area.  The dogs watched as I worked to put everything in place.  They were chomping at the bit to get back to something they love.  I kind of felt a twinge of guilt for keeping them away from this happy activity for so long.  I worked Ezra first as his excitement could barely be contained.  Next was Alli and it was nice to see her so forward and excited to be back to this fun. Both dogs just picked up from where we left off last year.

By the time I got to Libby Matthew was home and came out to join us.  It was one of the evenings last week that Fall came for a visit and the cool temperatures flirted with us and added to the joy of the moment.  Finally, Libby's turn.  She was so good...I asked her to take up her starting position and she went to her spot and sat trembling waiting for me to say "Libby come jump".  The moment arrived and she sailed over each obstacle with the greatest of ease.  As I ran with her I felt the worries of the day just fall from me and I truly was wrapped up in the joy of the moment.  As Libby flew over the last jump and I stopped to praise her she ran by me and took not one, but two victory laps around the entire field.  I stopped and the joy I felt could not be contained as I clapped and laughed.   As she got the true "zoomies" running with that joi de vie, with every ounce of her being...my laughter turned into such a deep belly laugh I nearly fell to the grass in a spasm of laughter!!

My favorite book says that laughter is good like a medicine and I can attest it surely is!  Libby then came over to me and jumped in my arms.  As I sat down by Matthew we took in the magic of the moment...of the joy, the place and the possibilities of what we could envision.  Matthew said this is a good place, something to be shared...I agreed.

I am thankful for my friends...they love me...purely and simply...when I am happy, blue, silly or serious when I am...just me.


No comments:

Post a Comment